Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before booking.
- Confirmed Bookings. Your booking will be deemed confirmed on receipt of your completed booking form and your payment in full.
Clients cancelling their bookings over 12 weeks before the course date receive a full refund, cancellations within 12 weeks but over 8 weeks we refund the course price less a 30% cancellation fee. Course places cancelled within 8 weeks of the course date do not receive a refund unless it is possible to resell the course place, in which case we refund the course price less a £20.00 fee to cover increased admin costs. Should Taste the Wild have to cancel any course or part of a course for any reason we will refund the course fee or part course fee. Taste the Wild Limited will not be liable for any costs, for accommodation or travel incurred due to cancellation.
We strongly recommend that all our clients obtain appropriate travel insurance to cover any losses due to course cancellations.
- Weather. Courses will proceed in all weathers unless considered dangerous by Taste the Wild staff. For our coastal foraging and fishing course weather policy please read Appendix 1 below.
- Conduct. All course participants are expected to consider the safety and personal wellbeing of others as well as their own. Behaviour considered dangerous or abusive by Taste the Wild staff will result in a caution and, if necessary, dismissal from the course. In this case the participant will not be entitled to any refund of monies from Taste the Wild, and Taste the Wild will not be liable for any losses so resulting.
- Repairs. Individuals are liable for the cost of repairs made necessary by the wilful damage to property and equipment.
- Insurance. Taste the Wild are fully covered for public liability.
- Personal kit and belongings. Our courses are held in an outdoor environment and often involve cooking on open fires. This being the case it is possible to stain, burn or otherwise damage, items of your equipment or clothes. Taste the Wild Limited can take no responsibility for the condition of personal belongings that you choose to bring to the course.
- Gift vouchers.
Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of date of issue, the expiry date of each voucher is clearly marked on the voucher. Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and no refund is available after 7 days of purchase.
Voucher recipients can book onto a Taste the Wild course online by using the ‘pay by voucher’ option and entering their voucher number. When the recipient has booked onto a course our standard cancellation policy (see section2) then applies. If the recipient would like to upgrade onto a more expensive course they are able to pay the difference at the time of booking. Voucher recipients booking onto a course of lesser value than their voucher will be issued with a credit for the balance which can be used as payment for other Taste the Wild courses.
The information contained in this website is for general information only. We endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, however we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy of the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics on the website for any purpose. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of ‘Taste the Wild’. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
We reserve the right to alter or delete material from this site and may, at any time, revise these terms. You are bound by any such revision.
If our fishing trips are cancelled due to bad weather you will be automatically offered a £20.00 Taste the Wild course voucher and your own filleting knife to take away or a £20.00 cash refund. The alternative programme will include extra shoreline foraging sessions with experts Chris and Sean or Steve. The decision to cancel the fishingtrips will be solely at the skipper’s discretion and will be final.
Taste the Wild Limited. Company registration. 8261728
Taste the Wild Ltd.
1 Thornton Bridge Cottages
Thornton Bridge, Helperby
Mobile: 07914 290083